Some common medications can have serious effects on animals if not used correctly. If your pet has ingested an unprescribed medication, contact your veterinarian or local veterinary emergency facility. Give the name of the medication, how many and what dose your pet received, what time the ingestion could have occurred, as well as pet information such as breed, age and another health problems he/she may have. You may receive instructions of what to do at home or what to watch for. In some situations, emergency examination and treatment are crucial.
For more information, please read the story Overdose and Toxicity.